Author Topic: Type IXC accessories  (Read 60871 times)

Offline Capt Kremin

• Commander
Type IXC accessories
« on: 06 Jan , 2014, 13:28 »
As the accessory market is starting to come to life I thought I'd start a new topic with all the accessories that have been produced specifically for Revells Type IXC that I am aware of and are available at this time, not coming soon, will fit or hoped for.
If anyone finds any more feel free to add them.

Regards
Jon

Alphabetically:
Eduard                   53106       Photo Etch Set1
Hecker & Goros        KSHG254   Submarine Crew in the Indian Ocean for U-boat Type IX for Revell SET I (4 figs)
Hecker & Goros        KSHG255   Submarine Crew in the Indian Ocean for U-boat Type IX for Revell SET II (3 figs)
Schatton Modellbau  72168       German Submarine Type IX Periscope
Schatton Modellbau  72169       German Submarine Type IX AA-gun-barrels; 4 x 2 cm and 1 x 3.7 cm
"Here's Peter Jason Quill, He's also called Starlord",
"Who calls him that?",
"Himself Mostly".

Offline thomcmdchief

• Ensign
Re: Type IXC accessories
« Reply #1 on: 06 Jan , 2014, 18:00 »
Thanks Jon,

That's a great start.  I thought the Eduard fret to be pretty expensive, but we'll see if its worth it when it arrives.  I also ordered the periscopes.  I think the two things that are holding me back are an upper hull kit and decking.  Oto's deck is beautiful, but being brass, if you want to open the torpedo storage compartments and drop some Dragon, or WEM torpedoes in storage, you have to make some cuts.  So I'm hoping now the holidays are over, businesses will start working on aftermarket kits for this sub.

Anyway, all the vents are cut out, I beams replace the molded pieces in the limber holes, and give the correct illusion of structure under the deck.   So far, so good. :)

Offline Greif

• Admiral2
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jan , 2014, 07:29 »
Great idea!  I plan to hold off starting anything on my Type IXc until some more AM stuff hits the street.  Currently I have not decided which one of the 54 Type IXc's that were commissioned to build, but I want to depict one during the 1941-42 timeframe.   As an aside, I live about an hour away from where the Schatton Modellbau stuff is made, and I am able to mail stuff for folk's living in the USA via USPS Priority Mail using continental rates; so if folks are either having trouble finding Schatton AM items or are put off by the cost of international mail, let me know and I can probably help.
The "buzz" here gives me fond memories of when the first Type VIIc was released several years ago and Wing and Dougie started this website.  Nice!
Ernest   

Offline GlennCauley

• Admiral
    • Models by Glenn Cauley
« Reply #3 on: 16 Jan , 2014, 11:12 »
A reply to my inquiry about upcoming CMK detail sets for the Type IX:

"Hello,  thank you for your interest in our future products.   Considering your question, exterior sets are not designed, yet.  But you can expect to find in these sets parts that will enhance the exterior - railings, antennae, periscope, etc.   Weapon set will contain highly detailed double 20mm and 40mm cannons. Weapon Conversion will contain 105mm gun, double 40mm and some 20mm cannons.   All the sets will be announced in advance at our site and on modeller website.     If you have any other question, just let me know.    Best regards, Jan Hajicek, Admin, www.cmkkits.com"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I inquired if they meant "37mm cannon" instead of "40mm cannon" and I am awaiting the reply.
Glenn Cauley
President, IPMS Ottawa
gc-scalemodels.ca

Offline Greif

• Admiral2
« Reply #4 on: 16 Jan , 2014, 23:18 »
Thanks for the info Glenn, it looks like the AM companies have been quick off the mark to get some good stuff on the market, and a lot more will follow.

Ernest

A reply to my inquiry about upcoming CMK detail sets for the Type IX:

"Hello,  thank you for your interest in our future products.   Considering your question, exterior sets are not designed, yet.  But you can expect to find in these sets parts that will enhance the exterior - railings, antennae, periscope, etc.   Weapon set will contain highly detailed double 20mm and 40mm cannons. Weapon Conversion will contain 105mm gun, double 40mm and some 20mm cannons.   All the sets will be announced in advance at our site and on modeller website.     If you have any other question, just let me know.    Best regards, Jan Hajicek, Admin, www.cmkkits.com"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I inquired if they meant "37mm cannon" instead of "40mm cannon" and I am awaiting the reply.

Offline Capt Kremin

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: 18 Jan , 2014, 08:17 »
Hi all,
In keeping with the start of this thread I will pass no comment as to the quality or usefulness of any accessories that I list, despite some of them arriving through my letter box already. I'll leave that to others.
That said as this next supplier is not a well known one I will give you a bit more info on him, Boris Nakropin, SRS or SmallRivets, depending where you find his items for sale.
It's possible to find him on www.ebay.de, Boris can also be found on https://plus.google.com . Regardless of what his ebay items might say he will send his PE sets overseas.
The first 3 sets are 1401, 1402 and 1403, which are all flood vents and drains, see attached photos.

Regards
Jon
« Last Edit: 18 Jan , 2014, 09:42 by Capt Kremin »
"Here's Peter Jason Quill, He's also called Starlord",
"Who calls him that?",
"Himself Mostly".

Offline falo

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: 20 Jan , 2014, 10:40 »
Hi,

found this upgrade set on:

http://www.tehnoart.eu/fittings-store.html

Just for keeping this thread up to date

falo
« Last Edit: 20 Jan , 2014, 10:42 by falo »

Offline GlennCauley

• Admiral
    • Models by Glenn Cauley
CMK accessories
« Reply #7 on: 21 Jan , 2014, 08:11 »

I received a message from CMK again, and was given the go-ahead to pass it along.   :D

"Hello Glenn.   You are correct, unarguably. I mismatched Bofors with LM42 caliber.   Please, go ahead and let the community know of the future CMK products. Meanwhile, see attached 3D design of Commander's quarters, Officers' quarters & Galley, and the last is Crew front quarters.  Best regards, Jan Hajicek, Admin, www.cmkkits.com"

See the attached pics.   
Glenn Cauley
President, IPMS Ottawa
gc-scalemodels.ca

Offline dbauer

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #8 on: 21 Jan , 2014, 18:35 »
Hi Again!
Any word on a pressure hull for this Boot? It will have to be entirely different than the Type VII. Not to mention longer too!
Dan

cola

« Reply #9 on: 23 Jan , 2014, 13:37 »
WOW!!!! that is a ton of stuff there!!! Might be a bit out of my budget...but wow!!!

Offline Greif

• Admiral2
« Reply #10 on: 23 Jan , 2014, 23:45 »
Some really nice AM stuff available.  I hate to think how much $ I am going to spend on this build when it is all said and done. :o

Ernest

Offline thomcmdchief

• Ensign
« Reply #11 on: 31 Jan , 2014, 08:04 »
The two new Eduard PE frets are now available not only from Eduard, but also on E-Bay by hobbymaster.  Poor Jason at FreeTime is being left behind. Anyway, the other fret from is almost identical to Boris's with added limber holes for the froward torpedo tubes.  Now we've got Oto's deck, with most of what's on this new Eduard fret included, and a bunch of stuff coming from CMK, but we still need the upper pressure hull, and perhaps an early tower and a C40 deck modification. ;)

Offline thomcmdchief

• Ensign
« Reply #12 on: 31 Jan , 2014, 10:35 »
FreeTime keeps telling me Blue Ridge is working on a pressure hull, but no time frame.  Somewhere on one of the forums, I read a guy was using a paper tube like from paper towels.....actually not a terrible idea, a mailing tube, some plastic tubing, paint, after all, its an illusion of some sort of structure under the decking.  Probably a little cheaper than store bought.  Oh well, I can stay busy until something turns up. ;)

Offline GlennCauley

• Admiral
    • Models by Glenn Cauley
« Reply #13 on: 03 Feb , 2014, 08:51 »
Pictures & instructions of Eduard PE sets for Type IXC:
« Last Edit: 03 Feb , 2014, 09:03 by GlennCauley »
Glenn Cauley
President, IPMS Ottawa
gc-scalemodels.ca

Offline Greif

• Admiral2
« Reply #14 on: 07 Feb , 2014, 02:22 »
Glen, those PE decks look very nice.  I have used wooden decks on prior builds and was very satisfied with them.  I may use a PE deck for my Type IX build though, as, again, they look very nice.  Have you used both?  If so what do you think the plus and minuses are for each? 
By the way, my Helmut Wick Bf109 E-4 took second place at the contest I had spoken to you about.  Based on the comments I think the figures were the deciding factor between my entry and a very nice 1/48th scale F4U Corsair that took third.  The winner was a beautiful 1/48th scale B25 Mitchell with an outstanding bare metal aluminum finish, well deserved in my opinion.  Thank you for your input on the build!
Sincerely,
Ernest   

PE decking