Author Topic: Revell IXc 1/72  (Read 53785 times)

Offline dbauer

• Lt Cdr
Re: Revell IXc 1/72
« Reply #15 on: 04 Jan , 2013, 07:52 »
 :) Hi Snowman!
Good info except you forgot one! U-505 had the B.G. added later! Also I believe other later Type IXC's and IXC/40's had this as well. If a modeler did some scratchbuilding they could make this C into a C/40 very easily! I beleive the aftermarket people will have a field day with this one!
I know the pic we see now is a proto-type, not the actual model.  I have also noted the lack of detail on the hull sides. But I am  waiting to see the actual model before passing judgement! 
Good to hear from you my Friend! Are you enjoying your Summer there?
Dan

Offline bill_c

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: 21 Jan , 2013, 16:57 »
Very exciting, though I am concerned about what more it will need. I have a shit-load of PE and other AM stuff for the VII kit, which also lacks a pressure hull. Opening up the drain holes means you need a pressure hull, which has been one reason why I have avoided tackling the kit. Hope RoG learned something and will have a partial inner hull on this one.

Offline dbauer

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #17 on: 22 Jan , 2013, 08:03 »
 ;)  Good Questions!
I am also concerned with this, not seeing the actual kit. The picture we see may not be the actual model, only a prototype. I am sure that once the kit is out in the market, the aftermarket guys will start churning out all the PE and other goodies for a 1/72 Type IX as they have for the Type VII! After having done a Vacuform Type IXC, I already have a Scratch built pressure hull under my belt for a Type IX. As far as the PE you already have I would safe it. There are some things that are the same on the Type IX and the Type VII. However, there are some major differences in the two Types.  Main differences being overall length and beam, engine placement, and different arangement in details on Conning Towers and deck. There is also a major need on research material for the Type IX. Most everything so far has been on the Type VII. What I call the "Das Boot Syrodome"!The German magazine "U-Boot In Focus" so far has been the best.  We will all have to wait and see.
Regards,
Dan
« Last Edit: 22 Jan , 2013, 08:05 by dbauer »

Offline dbauer

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #18 on: 22 Jan , 2013, 08:22 »
Oh, I forgot to comment on the pressure hull! :-[
If you remember, there is no aftermarket full pressure hull for the Type VII. The one out there is only a partial one . And in my opinon, is only good if you are planning a waterline model. It is not complete as far as all the open vents, inlets and drains for a full hulled model, and it is not accurate. If you want a proper pressure hull, you will need to scratch build one. I am  sure Revell of Germany will not go to the extra expense of putting even a partial one in their new Type IX! I am wonderfully suprised that they are even coming out with this the model of the Type IX given all the expense of research and making molds for this very large new kit!
Just my opinon understand, I have only been building models for 50 years!
Regards,
Dan

Offline Greif

• Admiral2
« Reply #19 on: 23 Jan , 2013, 00:46 »
This will be a must have kit.  It will be interesting to see what they charge for it in Germany.

Ernest

Offline dbauer

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #20 on: 23 Jan , 2013, 08:26 »
Hi Ernest!
When will it be available in Germany? And do you know how many Euros it will cost?
Thanks,
Dan

Offline Greif

• Admiral2
« Reply #21 on: 23 Jan , 2013, 23:28 »
Hi Dan, hope you are well.  The modelshops I purchase from are all listing an availability date of 01 November 2013.  They price varies from 60.00 - 69.00 Euros, cheaper then what the two Type VIIc's are going for on Ebay.

Ernest

Hi Ernest!
When will it be available in Germany? And do you know how many Euros it will cost?
Thanks,
Dan

Offline dbauer

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #22 on: 25 Jan , 2013, 17:49 »
Thank  Ernest!

Offline bill_c

• Lieutenant
« Reply #23 on: 30 Jan , 2013, 16:08 »
This photo from Nuremberg:

And this:

Looks like the drain holes have something in them.

Offline dbauer

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #24 on: 31 Jan , 2013, 08:08 »
Hi Bill!  :)
Yes, there is something there. It may be a pressure hull or it could be just strips on the inside. Did you talk with the  Revell Rep. and ask him? Any more shots of the model? Maybe showing the deck and other details? Thanks for the shots! These are just making me want this model more! :P
Regards,
Dan
  8)
« Last Edit: 01 Feb , 2013, 13:52 by dbauer »

Zapfen

« Reply #25 on: 02 Feb , 2013, 06:06 »

Offline dbauer

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #26 on: 03 Feb , 2013, 06:47 »
 :o  You Guys are teasing me!!!

Offline bill_c

• Lieutenant
« Reply #27 on: 04 Feb , 2013, 12:35 »
Did you talk with the  Revell Rep. and ask him?
I was not there. The photos are from Prime Portal.

Offline dbauer

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #28 on: 05 Feb , 2013, 07:14 »
 :( Too Bad Guy!
thanks for the pics though!
I guess we will both find out when we both get a kit! ;)
Regards,
Dan

Offline Anakin

• Sir Submarine
  • Lt Cdr
« Reply #29 on: 27 Feb , 2013, 12:16 »
I