Author Topic: Forward crew section VII / 3D model / 1/72  (Read 43329 times)

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
Re: Design the interior of the VII/c
« Reply #30 on: 14 Mar , 2012, 01:50 »
more progress on another interesting project! Yes, the details make a difference and are great spicers! Love the toilet!
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Offline Marko

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #31 on: 14 Mar , 2012, 11:56 »
Well Tore,

i really would not like to complicate the sections too far since as fist issue is the technology limitation, and the second neither did the CMK's designers complicate, so if i would, designs would clash a lot. I will be adding wiring and bigger chunks of piping by hand later on the finished product, so probably some of the piping will be there but not the tiny valves, and will be added at the assembly.

i added the famous toilet window (darn what a privacy) :) here are some samples with the corrected toilet forward wall, from different angles:

and now, onto the bunks and its accessories :)
thanks for the kind words guys, also feel free to add comments like Tore did, so i can even improve it a bit more.

regards,
Marko

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #32 on: 14 Mar , 2012, 12:25 »
Well Tore,

i really would not like to complicate the sections too far since as fist issue is the technology limitation, and the second neither did the CMK's designers complicate, so if i would, designs would clash a lot. I will be adding wiring and bigger chunks of piping by hand later on the finished product, so probably some of the piping will be there but not the tiny valves, and will be added at the assembly.

i added the famous toilet window (darn what a privacy) :) here are some samples with the corrected toilet forward wall, from different angles:

and now, onto the bunks and its accessories :)
thanks for the kind words guys, also feel free to add comments like Tore did, so i can even improve it a bit more.

regards,
Marko

Marko
This is about rigth, but put it 10-15 cm to the rigth and 5 cm higher. With two tiny toilets on 46 men you would be sure nobody used it as a quite readingroom there was no privacy onboard a sub. believe it or not we had a small mirror above the washbasin, a few guys did shave.
tore

Offline Marko

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #33 on: 14 Mar , 2012, 13:11 »

Marko
This is about rigth, but put it 10-15 cm to the rigth and 5 cm higher. With two tiny toilets on 46 men you would be sure nobody used it as a quite readingroom there was no privacy onboard a sub. believe it or not we had a small mirror above the washbasin, a few guys did shave.
tore

erm, you mean the 10-15 cm to the right and 5 cm higher, the toilette window? 15 cm = 2 mm to right, 5 cm = 0,7 mm higher
was the window not centered?

yea, i can say that, if 4 member family has troubles sometimes with toilette and bathroom use, i cant even imagine how a crew of 40-50 could manage it, even with two of them...

minor update:
bunks and cabinets; i know that on the real sub it was slightly different arrangement, but i had to make a decision either to follow the photos and plans, or follow the CMK's rear crew quarter (i chose the second option)
« Last Edit: 14 Mar , 2012, 13:17 by Marko »

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #34 on: 14 Mar , 2012, 13:32 »
Marko
 Yes it was off center say 3 mm to the rigth and I correct myshelf 3-4 mm up on your drawing.
Tore
« Last Edit: 14 Mar , 2012, 14:31 by tore »

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #35 on: 14 Mar , 2012, 14:28 »
Wardroom and CPO mess
Next to the WC was the CPO mess only with 4 bunks 2 on stb and 2 on port (upper and lower) and towards the port bulkhead(pressurehull) 4 wooden lockers. Between the mess and the wardroom was a bulkhead with a door off center. On the port side of the wardroom (after the bulkhead) was the 2 junior officers bunks however they were not in line with the CPO officers bunks but retracted together with 4 wooden lockers some 50-75 cm towards the port (pressurehull) which made the wardroom wider.  In the wardroom normally the upper bunk was lowered and used as a seatback when seated around the officers diningtable. Thus it was substancial difference between the two rooms. The arrangement did not resemble the POs mess aft of the controlroom.I am posting a small sketch below hoping to explain what I am trying to say. May be I`m too keen on the details here.
Tore

Offline Marko

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #36 on: 14 Mar , 2012, 16:06 »
Aha, i know what you mean, i have these schematics:

though im not sure how can i align absolutely everything up. revell parts require their own, CMK has its own design, and there are these plans, hard to add them all up, though i will do my best to modify it a bit more, and will probably smash up the rear wall again :)

TopherVIIC

« Reply #37 on: 14 Mar , 2012, 16:45 »
Marko,
Believe me- getting drawings to reconcile is quite challenging. Simon and I can attest to that! Sometimes you have to settle for an amalgam. Not everybody's drawings are 100% accurate. You are also trying to fit the drawings into a model that is good, but not perfect. Look at some of the things I have put together- I am building my VIIC/41 from the keel up and she is still troublesome. At best we can gather drawings, look at photos and do the best we can to make something sort of close to what we want to portray.

Offline Marko

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #38 on: 14 Mar , 2012, 17:08 »
well, i started major remodelling the of the bunks and rear wall. ehm, the toilet window, if i put it to measures that you provided (Tore) it would be almost at the top of the door and tot the far right, almost at the edges. Do you have perhaps a photo of those doors? It would be much easier to measure up dimensions there.

Oh, one more thing, how did the dining table and chairs look like? were chairs mounted on wardrobe closet and did seat swing outward? And the tables, were made as classic dining tables or was special design there?
« Last Edit: 14 Mar , 2012, 18:00 by Marko »

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #39 on: 15 Mar , 2012, 02:03 »
well, i started major remodelling the of the bunks and rear wall. ehm, the toilet window, if i put it to measures that you provided (Tore) it would be almost at the top of the door and tot the far right, almost at the edges. Do you have perhaps a photo of those doors? It would be much easier to measure up dimensions there.

Oh, one more thing, how did the dining table and chairs look like? were chairs mounted on wardrobe closet and did seat swing outward? And the tables, were made as classic dining tables or was special design there?
Marko
Sorry I have no drawing, and I cannot find any hole in the door on the net. Make it simple place the hole 5-10 cm from the rigth dooredge and about the same from the top.
Tore
To

Offline Marko

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #40 on: 15 Mar , 2012, 05:25 »
Okay, thats around 1,3 mm from both edges, i guess it will be fine. regarding the dining tables and chairs, how were those made?

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #41 on: 15 Mar , 2012, 05:37 »

The table was quite ordinary nothing fancy, don`t copy the surface of the present U 995, woodwork same colour as the lockers, the cupboard at the left contained china and cutlery, 3 persons could be seated at the bunk. The table could be extended towards rigth, where you usually had a folded seat folding downwards as far as I remember it was fixed to the bulkhead. You would avoid having chairs toward the aisle as people were running back and forth. I usually sat at the other side of the aisle eating at the small folding table fitted on to the cupboard towards aft. You normally could seat max 5 persons around the table.May be the posted drawing below give you an idea.
Tore

Offline Marko

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #42 on: 15 Mar , 2012, 13:24 »
okay, some modifications; i will now go step by step each section of bunks, the lockers and cupboards are made by CMK's analogy and may not be entirely correct, but some analogy has to be consistent. Now im thinking of expanding that mid-wall to get tables and chairs into it, not sure if i should leave it like this or extend it to full wall...
By the way, is the window correct? At the moment is 1,3mm tangentially inserted, if it would be 1,3 centered it would be a lot closer to edges (almost at the edge of surface)

TopherVIIC

« Reply #43 on: 15 Mar , 2012, 13:53 »

Marko
Here is the only pic I have of the forward head hatch, located on the Backboard side, where you have it.
Hope it helps. Note that the ceiling of the head is lower than the height of the druckkorper - the ventilation and universal jointed valve drive links, and several HP and LP air connections go through the bulkhead above the head.
Christopher
« Last Edit: 15 Mar , 2012, 13:55 by TopherVIIC »

Offline tore

• Tore
« Reply #44 on: 15 Mar , 2012, 14:25 »
What a relieve Christopher, it`s the way I remember it apart from I was sure it was off center. May be I was mixed up with  the ventilation
opening on the door for foodstorage. That`s off center I believe.
Tore