Author Topic: Type XXVII (Seehund) Colour help needed!  (Read 303 times)

Offline Islandern

• Midshipman Cadet
Type XXVII (Seehund) Colour help needed!
« on: 13 Apr , 2017, 01:19 »
Type XXVII (Seehund) Colour help needed!
Can someone assist me with the different colour codes / schemes that was used on the Seehund. What about "Hellgrau 50", "Dunkelgrau 51". My sub is from the later part of the war. This info seems allmost impossible to find...

Help is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Offline Anakin

• Sir Submarine
  • Lt Cdr
Re: Type XXVII (Seehund) Colour help needed!
« Reply #1 on: 13 Apr , 2017, 06:06 »
Hi and welcome!  :)

You might find colour schemes and colour codes from AMP main sites pdf books...  Tons of information there...  :)
http://amp.rokket.biz/lib_uboats.shtml

-Anakin-

Offline Islandern

• Midshipman Cadet
« Reply #2 on: 16 Apr , 2017, 15:08 »
Thanks, but I have been reading through them, but not much about the xxvii for a pity  :-\ 

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 17 Apr , 2017, 13:14 »
Hello folks,

Sorry Islandern, I was not able to put any information on the Seehund in the colours article as I don't have any relevant information on the subject. There are not many photos available but in those that are there appears to be no upper grey and lower grey. There just looks to be one colour on the entire submarine. Some information, inclluding four schemes, can be found here -

http://modellboard.net/index.php?topic=32687.0

The top two profiles in the instructions show a sort of medium grey. At a guess this migth be Dunkelgrau 51.

The third one down shows white spots over a dark grey. If this was a real scheme the dark grey could have been RAL7016. The white spots could either have been white or perhpas even Hellgrau 50.

The bottom profile shows an overall dark grey which could be RAL7016.

As for the colour of the torpedoes in the profiles, I am not sure about the red head.

Sorry that I cannot provide proper information.

Cheers,

Dougie

Offline Natter

• Lt Cdr
« Reply #5 on: 26 May , 2017, 10:31 »
Some information, inclluding four schemes, can be found here -
http://modellboard.net/index.php?topic=32687.0
I have no knowledge of the painting of the Seehund itself, but the appearance of the torpedoes on those schemes are ridicilus. Pure fantasy! :-(

Sadly, most modellers seem to follow the manufacturers instructions blindly, ending up with mostly accurate vessels and torpedoes that doesn't even resembel the real thing (thus "destroying" the whole model - from my point of view). I don't think I have ever seen a model with proper german torpedoes (considering both colours and other details).
« Last Edit: 26 May , 2017, 10:34 by Natter »

Offline Islandern

• Midshipman Cadet
« Reply #6 on: 13 Oct , 2017, 05:20 »
Thank you all for your reply.

SG, the link you posted seems to be broken, do you have the possibility to redirect me so I can see the picture?

Dougie, thanks for your input. I will most likely go for one of those when painting later on.

Sadly, I've been of the grid for a while. Working offshore and moving at home. But soon my stuffs is unpacked. Will be great.

Regards,

Anders