Author Topic: Space Clipper Crown Princess  (Read 1380 times)

Offline Mr. Bill

• Commander
Space Clipper Crown Princess
« on: 16 Jun , 2018, 22:25 »
 Greetings!

Vintage Airfix kit of the Pan Am space clipper from 2001: A Space Odyssey finished in a speculative Princess Cruise Lines scheme as Clipper Crown Princess.  A few minor changes to the kit along with added landing gear from the spares bin.  Decals from an old Mircroscale special print run and various spares.  A few other scratch built modifications and enhancements.  Simple paint scheme and some subtle weathering.  No panel shading.  I wanted to do something different from the typical Pan Am scheme and avoid the complicated panel shading.   Straight from the box, the kit has several problems, but can be made into a nice build with some effort.  No attempt was made to scratch build wheel wells into the bottom fuselage and wings which are not seen when the model is displayed.  Many thanks for having a look, questions and comments always welcome.

Cheers,
 Bill

IMG_4023_a.jpg

IMG_4030_a.jpg

IMG_4024_a.jpg

IMG_4029_a.jpg

IMG_4027a.jpg

IMG_4033_a.jpg

IMG_4043_a.jpg

IMG_4048_a.jpg

IMG_4056_a.jpg

IMG_4058_a.jpg

IMG_4065_a.jpg

IMG_4067_a.jpg

Offline 42rocker

• Commander
Re: Space Clipper Crown Princess
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jun , 2018, 12:13 »
Very interesting look to it. Nice Job. 

Later Tim

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
« Reply #2 on: 22 Jun , 2018, 02:25 »
Great job! I've got this kit (gift), and always go..."sigh". I have sailed on Princess (about 1000 yrs ago), nice touch!
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Offline Mr. Bill

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: 23 Jun , 2018, 12:30 »
Thanks !  This was a fun build and came out much better than I had thought it would.  Sometimes I enjoy doing something unique which avoids the effort trying to duplicate a real life subject.  Using just imagination, the build goes fast with no stress and no "rivet counting". . . .

Bill