SEA > BB

DKM Bismarck in 1/350 Scale

(1/16) > >>

Greif:
Barring a last gasp surge from one of the other contenders, it looks like the Bismarck is going to win.  Leaning forward a bit, I'm starting a build thread.  As I mentioned in the voting thread, I plan to build mostly OOB.  The only aftermarket stuff I have bought are metal barrels for all the guns, from the monster 38cm main guns, down to the 2.0 cm AA guns.  I also brought Eduard's Railing and Turret detail set.  The only other change is to make my own wooden display base like I did for my U228 build.  It should be a fun ride!

Ernest     

dougie47:
Hi Ernest,

Glad to hear the Bismarck won out in the end! You will have seen this site, I'm sure. But just in case -

http://www.bismarck-class.dk/bismarck/bismarck_menu.html

There are loads of photos and other info on this site.

Cheers,

Dougie

Rokket:
You've made the right choice. And one day you will get thru that whole list of other models...of course you'll also add as you go, but..

Greif:
And construction begins!  The two attached photos show the box and the parts trees spread around the hull halves and desk.  There are alot of parts, though 60 some are not used in the build. 

I have joined the hull halves (pictures tomorrow) and the first that jumped out at me was the beam; this is one wide ship! 

Ernest

Rokket:
The box is open..!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version