Author Topic: "Das Boot" -> Remake?  (Read 2170 times)

Offline SG

• Admiral
    • https://3xblackcats.wordpress.com/
Re: "Das Boot" -> Remake?
« Reply #15 on: 22 Apr , 2017, 00:59 »
Great news! looking forward to it. let's hope it's well made

Offline dougie47

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: 12 Feb , 2018, 16:02 »
Hi folks,

Thanks for posting, Simon. Please tell me that the model in that video is not going to be used in the $28 million Das Boot 2? It looks like the model that was originally made for the film U-571 (sorry for mentioning that film). As far as I recall the model was then modified to be used in other TV productions such as Ghostboat with Del Boy Trotter (David Jason). It looks like they have not modified the hull sides back to make it look like a real U-boat. The main drainage area is a joke, it looks like something from a crude semi-scale bath toy. And the flooding holes are almost as bad.

This is a joke, right? They are not going with this in the new miniseries are they?

Cheers,

Dougie

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #18 on: 12 Feb , 2018, 16:18 »
Dougie, they did some work on the model about two months ago and because they started filming now, I imagine what you see now is the finish U-boat model for the movie.

I also have noted a few other people worries about the hull and flood holes etc. I am little surprised that they did not talk to the exports before starting filming.

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
« Reply #19 on: 14 Feb , 2018, 01:33 »
UN-bee-leeevable. SIGH. The horror movie (horror!) BELOW, used a real boat (Gato), good CGI, and great interior sets. It IS very possible to do! grrrrrr
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
« Reply #20 on: 17 Feb , 2018, 19:56 »
New pictures