Officers & NCO Club > Non Model discussions

"Das Boot" -> Remake?

(1/7) > >>

falo:
Hi Gents,

the german movie company "Bavaria"discusses a remake of "Das Boot".

According to the german website "Filmstarts" the "Bavaria" is owner of the movie rights. There are debates for a remake but they are not sure if they will producing a tv mini series or a movie for the big screen.

http://www.filmstarts.de/nachrichten/18494220.html

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/jun/25/das-boot-german-studio-remake-underwater-thriller-wolfgang-peterson

Your thoughts?

Regards
falo

Rokket:
WOW! WHY? I can't imagine any single part of the film to be one tiny bit better with a remake. What new things (deep, worthy) can be brought to the project?

They should leave it alone!

falo:
Hi Rokket,

can't imagine it too. For example: my favourite movie is the "Third Man" (GB 1949), thinking about a remake of this outstanding film seem needless to me. Same thing with remaking "Das Boot". I fear that that there will be lots of CGI effects in the new movie.

Regards
falo

P.S.: Sorry for posting this topic in the wrong section and thanks for your help to fix that error.

VonStigler:
I hope and pray they Don't remake Das Boot!  I agree with Falo that the movie will rely heavily on GCI special effects, with the actual story being second.  I wish the film makers would come up with some new material and leave our original classics alone!  You guys might not know it but the original screenplay was offered to Hollywood first but ey wanted to change it and thats why it was produced in Germany in the first place. Hollywood wanted to add scenes of survivors in lifeboats being shot at by the Uboat crew for example.  If this does go forward we should start a petition!
Regards,
Brian

Capn Tucker:
I would be against a remake, but I think a remastered version would be OK.  I also would not mind seeing a couple of CGI scenes. For example, replacing the T-6 Texan "antisubmarine plane" with a Catalina, or better yet a Sunderland. Or maybe those few distance shots of U-96 that you can tell are a model.
But other than that I think it should be left alone..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version