Author Topic: sIG 33 Diorama (First build of the season)  (Read 3256 times)

Offline Greif

• Admiral2
sIG 33 Diorama (First build of the season)
« on: 05 Dec , 2012, 06:16 »
Hi all, it has been quite a while since I have posted here; but my hands have not been idle!  I started this building season with something a little different then normal.  I have had AFV Club's 1/35 scale kit of the sIG 33 in storage for a few years and it started whispering to me in the early Fall that it wanted to be built.  :)
I decided to make a simple diorama to get some ground making and figure building practice in. 

In addition to the sIG 33, I added figures from Trumpeter and various pieces of individual equipment from my spares box.  I also used most of the ammo kit that AFV Club makes for the sIG 33.  The gun assembled great and I am pretty pleased with the end results and the weathering.  Ditto for the ammo, groundwork and equipment.  I am much less satisfied with the figures which proved just how much out of practice I am at figure painting.

The scene is what was probably a fairly common action for this artillery piece and, as stated above, is pretty simple.  Overall this build is a B-, mostly due to the figures.

Enjoy the photos!

Ernest

Offline NZSnowman

• Admiral4
  • U-1308
    • U-1308 - Wikipedia
Re: sIG 33 Diorama (First build of the season)
« Reply #1 on: 05 Dec , 2012, 11:29 »
Its fantastic!!

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
« Reply #2 on: 07 Dec , 2012, 21:20 »
Wow! Beautiful realistic landscape and dirt and grass, weathering and painting real, scene is alive, all around fan-tastic! h, and very nice photos, too! You HAVE been busy!
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

Offline 42rocker

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: 21 Apr , 2014, 17:27 »
That's a nice photo and model.

Later Tim