Author Topic: Superdetailing zone between forward torpedo tubes and pressure hull  (Read 1664 times)

Offline bianco64squalo

• Commander
Hi everybody,
I'm working on forward section of U-552; unfortunately, while for the space between the four forward torpedo tubes there are a lot of photos of the incredible mass of devices, for the space between the tubes and the pressure hull ( see the posted photo - not my model ) there is almost no one photo, and this zone will be the only one visible on completed model....
Maybe someone has some photos of this zone, taken in occasion of a trip on U-995 at Laboe, or some other one ? In my opinion, these are exactly the particulars that make a model come to life....
I hope someone can ( as soon as possible ) help me.
Thanks in advance.
Filippo

Offline SnakeDoc

• Admiral
    • Torpedo Vorhaltrechner Project
Hi,

if you mean the photos of space between stb tubes and pressure hull, it will be hard to get photos.
Generally, there are a lot of piping related with tubes. Below the tubes are located oxygen flasks, the electric motor driving the forward diving planes could be also visible, as well as the shaft (along the stb side of pressure hull) for the manual drive of the planes.
I will try to provide some photos soon.

--
Regards
Maciek

Offline bianco64squalo

• Commander
Thanks Maciek, any help will be welcome...

Offline bianco64squalo

• Commander
Ok, no help from anyone...I'll do by myself...

Offline SnakeDoc

• Admiral
    • Torpedo Vorhaltrechner Project
Hi,

I have attached some photos.
Below short description:
1. port, bottom tube's launching air flask visible, above part of the flask for top tube
2. part of the launching air flask for port, bottom tube is visible, below the end of the oxygen flask is visible, as well as the dusted pipe for draining bottom torpedo tube
3. part of the second oxygen flask at port side is visible, as well as the valve for selecting which compensating tank is to be used for draining the tube

Note: in the forward torpedo room there were three oxygen flasks. How they looked exactly, you can see in the control room, below the diving planes station (these blue flasks). Two flasks were installed at port side, and one tube at stb side.

4. other photo of port, bottom space
5. stb side, the green gear is the shafting for manual drive of the fwd diving plane
6. oxygen flask at stb side, below the launching air flask for stb bottom torpedo tube
7. various piping of the port top tube
8. port side, the launching air flask for port top tube as well as associated piping
9. as above
10. space at stb side, above top tube, some piping and shaft for opening the vent of bow ballast tank 

Note that not all gear is symmetrical.

--
Regards
[size=78%]Maciek [/size]

Offline bianco64squalo

• Commander
Thanks Maciek,
some photos that you posted will be very useful for my scratchbuilding work....
Cheers.
Filippo