Author Topic: Portsmouth Boats Limber Pattern  (Read 5645 times)

whaynesmd

Portsmouth Boats Limber Pattern
« on: 30 Nov , 2007, 15:18 »
Does anyone know if Eduard or any other  source is planning to release a PE set of limber hole patterns for Portsmouth boats ?  Things have been pretty quiet lately.
                       Walt Haynes

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
    • AMP - Accurate Model Parts
Re: Portsmouth Boats Limber Pattern
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jan , 2008, 00:23 »
Hi Walt,

a mate and I are looking into it, he's finalizing research and making templates, then I will tackle production design. It will still be awhile, but it WILL happen! It will be similar to the beaut Eduard Gato stuff, just a new pattern for Portsmouth folks! Possible new decks, too (metal and wood), but wartime as opposed to the Eduard POST war.  ;)
AMP - Accurate Model Parts - http://amp.rokket.biz

whaynesmd

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jan , 2008, 15:58 »
Great news!!! I can be patient. I have some other stuff to work on for the next few months.  Please keep me posted on progress.

Regards, Walt

Offline wildspear

• Silversides King
  • Commander
  • Grand Zebra
« Reply #3 on: 08 Mar , 2008, 11:05 »
Rokket,

Well I don't do well being patient.........any progress??? ???

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: 09 Mar , 2008, 17:00 »
we're making some. There are templates available, but I feel PE is the answer, because you'll get the rivet heads, too! So you might have to start on another section...

nautilusmodels

« Reply #5 on: 04 May , 2008, 07:37 »
Walt,

I am doing these in a combination of laser cut fwd sections (to replace kit parts 7&8) and a vinyl template to add the noles down the length of the boat.  I have been experimenting with cutting them on the laser for the full length, but the laser imparts too much heat to cut out the holes that it warps the plastic and they are unusable. I have thrown out about 20 sets and have finally given up.

When these go on sale, they will also include the corrected anchor well that may be used for other side of the boat, which will also be sold on its own to correc the kit anchor well.

Offline Rokket

• Administrator
  • Submarine Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: 05 May , 2008, 07:17 »
excellent news!

whaynesmd

« Reply #7 on: 05 May , 2008, 15:45 »
Looking forward to any and all new items that can help change to a Portsmouth Balao.  Keep us posted.  I also like what you did with the dive gears.  They look really good; scale-like and not too bulky.  As I have already posted I thought your Batfish conversion was pretty special.